This document covers the process to pay multiple vendor invoices in a single workflow.
- Navigate to the Financials dashboard
- Hover over the Accounts Payable menu item and select Bulk Vendor Payment Creation
- Enter the legal entity in which you want to create the Vendor Payments
- (Optional) enter any other parameters of the invoice(s) you'd like to pay into the search criteria
- If no search criteria are entered, all open vendor invoices with a due date or discount date less than or equal to today's date that are not on payment hold along with any unapplied vendor payments related to vendors associated with those vendor invoices will be returned
- Scroll down to the bottom of the search criteria to the vendor payment creation attributes section:
- Bank Account: choose the bank account from which you're making the cash disbursement
- Payment Date: this is the date that will print on checks
- Post Date: this is the date the transaction will post in the GL
- Fiscal Period: this defaults to the fiscal period containing the post date entered
- Payment Method: choose the appropriate available payment method
- More information on payment methods can be found here: Payment Methods
- Description: this prints in the memo field on the check
- Transaction Options:
- Create zero balance payments: used when you have offsetting (negative) vouchers to be processed. For more information please see the Bulk Vendor Payment Creation entry in our help documentation Bulk Vendor Payment Creation
- Submit payments after creation. This option can be used for payment methods other than system checks. It shortens the process by both saving and submitting the payment documents created by the process
- Click the List tab
- Review the list of Vendor Invoices that meet the search criteria and select all that you wish to pay in this bulk payment and select Create Payments
- Review the process results for any errors or warnings. Select List to see the list of payment documents you have just created
- If the payments created are not system checks, review the payments created and post them.
- If you are printing system checks, Click on the Search tab and scroll to the bottom to select check printing options
- Print Checks: Select
- Bank Account: Choose Bank Account from which to pay documents (this should be the same as the bank account selected in step 5a
- Check Date: Will automatically populate with today's date, but MUST be changed if the payment date specified in step 5b is some other date
- First Check Number: Will automatically populate with next check in the series as calculated from the last posted check
- Click on List to see the list of items. You may select all or a subset of the items and click on Generate Checks.
- Click the Click to download the PDF file that contains generated checks link to bring up the PDF document containing the checks.
- Review the checks
- Click the Print File button in the PDF reader. MAKE SURE TO SELECT "Actual Size" IN THE PAGE SIZING & HANDLING screen and print the file to the printer containing the check stock
- Save the PDF if that is part of your process
- Review the checks to make sure they printed correctly
- Repeat steps in item 13 for the check continuation report (plain paper report) if generated
- Click Process Printed Checks
- Based on the results of step 13d, select the correct processing option and click Complete Check Generation
- Checks are Posted to the general ledger and updated with a Posted status
When using the system check payment method, the act of completing the check posts the payment to the general ledger. Clicking "Process Printed Checks" posts the payment to the General Ledger (Debit to AP; Credit to Cash).