This document provides information regarding the Vendor Invoice post process.
Vendor Invoices can be posted individually, or in bulk.
Posting the Vendor Invoice
- Redoes the Submit Vendor Invoice validations.
- Revalidates all items in the document.
- Verifies that the sum of the detail amounts equals the invoice amount.
- Creates cost transactions in the project system for any detail lines charged to a project. These transactions are immediately available for the Billing & Revenue Post process.
- Created general ledger transactions if the Post to General Ledger property is turned on in the system for the post date specified. A single GL transaction is created for the invoice amount and also for each of the records entered in the Details section. Zero amount items are not posted to the GL.
- Creates year-end closing entries if the vendor invoice contains revenue and/or expense accounts and is posting to a closed fiscal year.
- Creates the next document in the recurring document series if the posted document is a recurring vendor invoice and the max number of occurrences has not been specified or, if specified, has not been exceeded.
- Marks the Vendor Invoice as posted. The vendor invoice can no longer be edited after posting (although it can be voided, if necessary).
Individual Vendor Invoice Post
- After entering the vendor invoice, click the Post/Next button at the bottom of the Details section.
Bulk Vendor Invoice Post
- Navigate to Financials > Accounts Payable > Vendor Invoices.
- On the Search tab, enter criteria to search for the vendor invoices you want to post.
- Select the check boxes for the vendor invoices you'd like to post.
- Alternatively, checking the box in the header row will select all postable Vendor Invoices.
- Only submitted vendor invoices can be posted.
- Click Post to post the vendor invoices to the GL.
The Post functionality is available to users with the following Financials roles on their person profile: AP Poster.
Only vendor invoices in the APPROVED status can be posted.