This document provides information regarding the Vendor Invoice submit and post process.
Vendor Invoices are submitted individually, in the Details section of the invoice.
Submitting the Vendor Invoice:
- Revalidates all items in the document
- Verifies that the sum of the detail amounts equals the invoice amount
Vendor Invoices can be posted individually, or in bulk.
Posting the Vendor Invoice
- Redoes the Submit Vendor Invoice validations
- Creates cost transactions in the project system for any detail lines charged to a project. These transactions are immediately available for the Billing & Revenue Post process.
- Created general ledger transactions if post to GL is turned on in the system for the post date specified. A single GL transaction is created for the invoice amount and also for each of the record entered in the Details grid. Zero amount items are not posted to the GL.
- Creates year end closing entries if the vendor invoice contains revenue and/or expense accounts and is posting to a closed fiscal year.
- Creates the next document in the recurring document series if the posted document is a recurring vendor invoice and the max number of occurrences has not been specified or, if specified, exceeded.
- Marks the Vendor Invoice as posted. The vendor invoice can no longer be edited after posting (although it can be voided, if necessary).
Submit a Vendor Invoice
- After entering the vendor invoice, click the Submit/Next button at the bottom of the detail section
Individual Vendor Invoice Post
- After entering the vendor invoice, click the Post/Next button at the bottom of the detail section
Bulk Vendor Invoice Post
- Navigate to the Financials dashboard
- Hover your cursor over Accounts Payable and select Vendor Invoices
- Using the search criteria, search for the vendor invoices you want to post
- Place a check in the boxes to the left of the vendor invoices you'd like to post
- Alternatively, checking the box in the header row will select all postable Vendor Invoices
- Only submitted vendor invoices can be posted
- You can select all submitted invoices by clicking the checkbox at the top of the column
- Cick Post to post the vendor invoices to the GL
The Submit functionality is available to users with the following Financials roles on their person profile: AP Poster, AP User
The Post functionality is available to users with the following Financials roles on their person profile: AP Poster
Only submitted vendor invoices can be posted.