Approval Alternates may be designated for project approvals or for manager (supervisor) approvals.
Additional information on designating Alternates in general may be found here: Person Alternates.
This page specifically addresses Alternate Approvers.
- Setting Project Approval Alternates in the Project Profile
- Alternate Project Approvers may be set in the Project profile Administrators area (left menu).
- Anyone with Admin or Project Manager access to the project may set a Project Approver Alternate in the project profile.
- The result is that the designated alternate may act as an alternate approver for that particular project (and will see an Alternate queue on their Home page).
- Setting Project Approval Alternates in the Person Profile
- Administrator type roles with access to the person profile may set alternates in the Alternates area of the Person profile.
- Any user may set alternates themselves via My Account > Preferences (upper right corner of page).
- The result is that the designated alternate may act as an alternate approver on all projects for which the primary person is the approver (and will see an Alternate queue on their Home page).