This document provides information regarding entering outstanding Accounts Receivable starting balances.
If General Ledger beginning balances have already been entered, you must ensure the Post to General Ledger Effective Date is populated with a FUTURE date prior to entering open A/R items. This will make these entries available for future cash receipts and reporting while preventing them from affecting the previously loaded balances. For example, in the below example, we loaded historical balances as of 12/31/13, so our post to general ledger date is 10/1/2020.
Enter all outstanding customer (project) invoices that appear on the legacy accounting system Accounts Receivable Aging Report.
Current Unanet Billing Customers
Review Project Organization setup. Confirm organizations are configured to support Financials. All billable projects require a project organization that is a Customer of the internal company of the owning organization of the project.
Select Use Financial Organizations under Admin > Properties
c. Once financial organizations are enabled, all existing Unanet Customer invoices will appear on the Accounts Receivable Aging Report
New Unanet Customers and Current Unanet Customers not using Billing
Create 'dummy' invoices with an Additional Item for all outstanding Accounts Receivable items at cutoff date. Enter invoices through Unanet billing (additional items).
For ongoing projects or those with specific billing requirements, enter historical data and generate actual invoices.
2. Enter customer payments for any payment received before the Financial Organizations Effective Date designated under Admin > Properties.
3. Browse to the Accounts Receivable section on the Financials dashboard
4. Enter customer payments and apply to open invoices created in Step 1 above. Payments will be entered through the Create Customer Payment screen.
Note: If the customer payment represents the remaining balance on a partially applied payment, the payment can be entered either for the remaining balance amount or for the original payment amount. If the original payment amount is entered, a detail line for the amount of the previous application(s) should be entered in the customer payment. It should be charged to a non-project account as the transactions entered here would not normally be expected to update the project balances.
5. Apply customer payments to any existing Unanet customer invoice not currently outstanding. These can be done individually with actual payment information (date, amount, etc) or in a batch.
6. Create customer payments for any customer payments with an unapplied balance received before the Financial Organizations Effective Date designated under Admin > Properties.
7. Run an Accounts Receivable Aging Report. Confirm that balances reconciles to legacy accounting system Aging report and balance sheet.'