This entry covers how to create a Purchase Order without a Purchase Requisition.
Things to consider prior to creating a PO:
- General PO Property: Allow creating a PO without a PR.
- Approvals: Admin > Properties > Approval Process > Approvals > PO.
- Determine if you want to require approvals.
- Approval considerations
- Project Approver - Consider if you have a Project level approver for PO's set at the project level.
- Receiver/Approver - Consider if you want to have someone approve a Vendor Invoice that is ultimately associated with your PO.
- Other approval considerations such as approvals by a Purchasing Manager.
- Dynamic approval thresholds (permissions as to how much certain people can approve up to).
- Configure your Purchaser with a Purchaser role since this is a mandatory field on the Purchase Order.
The user must have the proper role (Purchaser) as well as the necessary org access to create Purchase Orders.
- Navigate to Financials > Purchasing > Purchase Order. In the top right of the criteria screen, select the "+" icon to create a new Purchase Order.
- Enter the required Summary information on the Profile tab and Save:
- Legal Entity – The legal entity to which this request will belong.
- Owning Organization – This is the organization on behalf of which the Purchaser is creating the PO.
- Purchase Amount – This can be positive or zero.
- Description – This can be used to describe the purpose of the PO.
- Document Date – This is pre-populated with the current date.
- Commitment Date – This is pre-populated with the current date.
- Fiscal Period – This is pre-populated with the current fiscal period.
- Vendor – This will specify your vendor.
- Purchaser – This will default to the Purchaser entering the PO.
- Receiver/Approver - Not a required field. This is the person who will approve the Vendor Invoice for this PO (not the person who will approve the PO. The person who will approve the PO is, instead, the Purchasing Manager.
- Fill the Generate PO Form tab:
- Check the Generate PO Form Box.
- Choose the PO Format Name.
- Check which Detail Level you want.
- Fill in any other fields as necessary.
- In the left menu of the PO, enter your detailed information. Note that the sum of these details must match the Purchase Amount on the Summary tab.
- Enter Labor details.
- Enter Expense details.
- Enter Items details.