This entry covers how to create a Purchase Order without a Purchase Requisition.
Things to consider prior to creating a PO:
- General PO Property: Allow creating a PO without a PR.
- Approvals: Admin > Properties > Approval Process > Approvals > PO.
- Determine if you want to require approvals.
- Approval considerations
- Project Approver - Consider if you have a Project level approver for PO's set at the project level.
- Receiver/Approver - Consider if you want to have someone approve a Vendor Invoice that is ultimately associated with your PO.
- Other approval considerations such as approvals by a Purchasing Manager.
- Dynamic approval thresholds (permissions as to how much certain people can approve up to).
- Configure your Purchaser with a Purchaser role since this is a mandatory field on the Purchase Order.
The user must have the proper role (Purchaser) as well as the necessary org access to create Purchase Orders.
- Navigate to Financials > Purchasing > Purchase Order. In the top right corner above the grid, click the +Purchase Order link to create a new Purchase Order.
- Enter the required Summary information on the Profile tab and click Save:
- LEGAL ENTITY - The legal entity to which this request will belong.
- Owning Organization - This is the organization on behalf of which the Purchaser is creating the PO.
- Purchase Amount - This can be positive or zero.
- Description - This can be used to describe the purpose of the PO.
- Document Date - This is pre-populated with the current date.
- Commitment Date - This is pre-populated with the current date.
- Fiscal Period - This is pre-populated with the current fiscal period.
- Vendor - This will specify your vendor.
- Purchaser - This will default to the Purchaser entering the PO.
- Receiver/Approver - Not a required field. This is the person who will approve the Vendor Invoice for this PO. The person who will approve the PO is the Purchasing Manager.
- On the Form tab and click Save:
- Select the check box for GENERATE PO FORM.
- Choose the PO Format Name.
- Check which Detail Level you want.
- Fill in any other fields as necessary.
- In the left menu of the PO, enter your detailed information. Note that the sum of these details must match the Purchase Amount on the Summary tab.
- Enter Labor details.
- Enter Expense details.
- Enter Items details.
- Click Submit.