This entry covers how to create a Purchase Requisition.
Navigate to Financials > Purchasing > Purchase Requisition. In the top right of the criteria screen, select the "+" icon to create a new Purchase Requisition.
The following fields are mandatory:
- Legal Entity – The legal entity to which this request will belong.
- Requestor – This is the person making the request. The user must have the Purchase Requestor role in order to be chosen.
- Owning Organization – This is the organization on behalf of which the Requestor is creating the PR.
- Document Date – This is pre-populated with the current date.
- Request Amount – This is the maximum amount that will be allowed to be charged against on the resulting PO.
- Description – This field can be used to describe the purpose of the PR.
No Detail Lines
Purchase Requisitions may be submitted without any Detail lines.
Any example of a situation where this may occur is if you need to have a flat amount approved.