Title: Scenario: Task level Planning
You may have the need to plan at the Task level. This entry describes different approaches to planning at the Task level.
What’s covered in this document:
- Granular Plans, Higher Level Charges
- Plans may be made at a very detailed granular child or grandchild or lower task, in increments of a few hours (2 hours here, 8 hours there).
- Assignments are then made at a higher level task to ease the burden of the person charging their time.
- High level Plans, Granular Charges
- Plans may be made at a parent level task or even at the Project level.
- Assignments are made either to specific tasks, or to the project requiring task level charges.
- Task Level plans and charges at same level
- Plans are made at a task level and charges are also made at that level.
BENEFITS / IS THIS FOR ME?
Do you have tasks and need to do bottom-up planning from the task level?
The following approaches may be used when planning at the task level.
- Planning at a very detailed level (4 hours task 1.1.1; 8 hours on task 1.1.2; 2 hours on task 1.1.3). Once authorized, people charge up at a higher level (in the example below they may charge to Sea Task but have been planned at 1.2.2)
- Planning at a higher task level and charging down to the lower task level.
- Planning at the task level and charging at the same task level.