This can occur due to changes in the person's Rate tab for periods where there is locked or extracted time. The system warns the Admin prior to making the change, with a notification that adjustments will be generated. These types of changes can include updating the user's Classification in the Rates tab, such as going from Exempt to Non-Exempt.
Automated Adjustment resulting from reference data change
This can occur due to recalculation of Dilution.
If adjustments (such as a re-rate) have occurred to cells that were not previously adjusted, you may see 'Adjustment resulting from reference data change' in Completed Adjustment Summary. There are numerous reasons this can occur; however, it primarily occurs because there has been a change to a logical key (such as Project, Task, Pay Code, Labor Category) and with this, a rate change can occur to the entire timesheet.
Some documented causes include:
- Make adjustment on a timesheet, then utilize the dilution calculator.
- For example, if an Admin manually recalculates Dilution from the person profile, this reason will display in the adjustments.
- The system warns the Admin prior to making the change, with a notification that adjustments will be generated.
- Changes made to hours in a timesheet. Hours change and dilution occurs for the hours that now exist (even though they may be replaced with the same amount).
- Have two rows on a timesheet with hours charged to them, then change row A to have row B's pay_code (or any other key field), then change row B's pay_code to row A's (this does not even have to be EXTRACTED or LOCKED).