Maintaining a similar document for contracts with subcontractors and suppliers is a best practice, but also not required by the regulations.
HOW TO MANAGE CONTRACTS AND CONTRACT BRIEF INFORMATION IN UNANET
- For now, create the Adhoc by going to: Reports > Adhoc > +Adhoc Report.
- For DATA AREA choose Project. For VIEW choose Task. Click Continue.
- Choose the fields you want to display from the Available Columns box and move them to the Report Columns box using the blue circle arrows. Below is a list of all fields used to collect the information required for the Contract Brief. Fields are from the Project and Task fields and user-defined fields.
- In the Criteria column
INITIAL CONTRACT SETUP
Perform the steps below to set up each Contract in Unanet.
When Mods arise, you will record them as Tasks on the Contract Brief project.
For Contracts with multiple Projects, a naming convention best practice
- 10.10.1000 represents the Contract.
- 10.10.1000.100 represents the first Project.
- 10.10.1000.200 represents the second ProjectEtc.
This allows reports to query on everything related to the Contract.
Other aspects of Contracts may be stored as User-Defined Fields. See the sample Ad Hoc Adhoc report you set up above which outlines a mix of Unanet standard fields and Unanet user-defined fields which have custom labels.
In each project, create the appropriate Project Note with appropriate a Note Type of "FAR Clause" and "Contract Document" as appropriate.
The Contract document itself is stored as a Project Note.
These will be Project Notes at the 10.10.1000 level, i.e., the Contract level . (If if you have created a project per contract year).
Step 4.2 - Setting up the RWQ
Charges to Contract