- Record vendor payments.
- When running payroll, create a bulk vendor payment in Unanet (Financials > Accounts Payable > Bulk Vendor Payment Creation) for these expenses using the Payroll bank account.
- Filter the organization code for "e" (employee) vendors only.
- The vendor payment will debit an account like 20.03.01 - Accounts Payable and credit an account like 10.01.01 - Operating Bank Account.
At this point, the expense reports will show up as Paid in your Unanet system:
- Export the payments and import them into your third-party payroll system.
- Run the export at Admin > Export (sample export from Unanet to a payroll system below).
- The payroll journal entry will not include any dollar amounts related to expenses that had payments recorded.