What’s covered in this document:
Table of Contents
The List Invoices screen is used by Billing Managers to view, edit, delete, complete or reverse (void) existing invoices. When an invoice is Completed by clicking the blue circle check mark, it is set to the Completed status, and Unbilled (or Draft) items become Billed. Corresponding Revenue Recognition Journal entries are created where appropriate for the One Time Items and for Fixed Price Items where recognition occurs on bill completion.
The List is also available to Billing Viewers for the purpose of viewing invoices. The resulting list of invoices displays summary information about each invoice, including INVOICE #, INVOICE DATE, POST DATE, PAYMENT TERM, AMOUNT, BALANCE, and, if applicable, the VOIDING INVOICE #.
Navigate to Invoicing & Posting > List Invoices and select the edit pencil icon to edit a draft invoice. Various aspects of the draft invoice may be edited via the Invoice > Setup option as shown below.
If Payment Terms are changed, the invoice will recalculate the due date from the invoice date.
Note that when information is overridden on a project invoice from project defaults (payment terms, invoice memo & other fields), the saved project defaults are not changed.
To change the defaults for a project's billing setup, see the I&P - Project Billing Setup page.
Off or Defer Transactional Invoice
Transactional data on the invoice may be written off or deferred as shown in the screenshots below.
Select the check box for the desired item(s) and click Defer Selected or Write Off Selected as appropriate.
Revising Invoiced Amounts if the
Not Accepted by the
To support the scenario when an invoice is sent to a customer and the amount is not accepted, the following options are available.
- Produce another invoice with Additional Item with a debit or a credit. This may be the only item on the invoice (select the option ‘Include projects without unbilled data’ under Add Invoice to do this).
- Use the memo field to indicate that this invoice is an addendum to the original invoice.
Note that this invoice will have a different number.
OPTION 2 - Correct on the subsequent invoice (via adjustments and/or one-time items)
- Users can always void an invoice. Voiding an invoice results in the creation of reversing transactions that will be seen in the general ledgerGeneral Ledger.
- Users will have the option to Uncomplete un-complete and invoice when the Allow Users to Un-Complete Invoices property is selected in the Admin/Properties/Unanet/General/Billing. Uncompleting (Admin > Properties > Unanet General > Billing) is selected. Un-completing an invoice results in the system going in and deleting the g/l GL transactions created by the invoice post.
- Either voiding or uncompleting un-completing an invoice is accomplished by clicking on the appropriate icon in the Invoice List.
- When an original invoice is voided in Unanet, the transactions included in the voided invoice are available for future billing in Unanet under one or more new invoices with different invoice numbers. Likewise for uncompleted invoices, except that in that case the same invoice number as the one uncompleted will be available for use.
- An original invoice can only be voided once. Prior to voiding an invoice the The user is presented with a warning prior to voiding an invoice.
When do invoice adjustments show up on project reports?
- Invoices may be adjusted in the Draft draft status by deferrals, write-offs, and additional items.
- An additional item will appear on the JSR when it’s saved on an invoice. If the JSR is run on posted data only, only additional items on completed invoices will show up.
- The same holds true for write-offs on T&M Labor, T&M Expense, CP Labor, CP Expense, CP Fee Cap Adjustment, Fixed Price, and Funding Cap Adjustments.
- Prebilled Labor labor items and time associated with prebilled labor items cannot be written off.
- Note that these invoice adjustments will not appear in basic "Time & Expense Only" reports.
Note that initial Admin and Project setup of Email email is handled in these links:
On the Search tab, in the INVOICE DELIVERY OPTIONS section, select the check box for Email all selected invoices. In the ADDITIONAL CRITERIA section, be cognizant of the ACTUAL DELIVERY METHOD if you want to pick up invoices that were or were not already emailed.
Click the List tab, check the boxes next to the invoices you want to email, and click the email button: E-mail.