Examples of how to use
The Unanet Knowledge Center (KC) is a resource offered to share best practices, FAQs, and various scenarios. Tends to address business needs pulling together multiple entries from KC or Help, tends to be more process related.
Content is created and updated on a weekly basis, highlighted entries are shared with Customers via the customer newsletter.
The KC is the WHY and the HOW TO DO IT. The KC covers steps across functionality to solve business processes.
No – - will address current version.
This means if you are on an older version of Unanet you may see functionality addressed which your version does not have.
The Help is detailed technical documentation that covers every aspect of every field in Unanet as well as some related processes.
The Help is the WHAT and the HOW IT WORKS.
For the most current Help, use either:
For older versions, consult Support.unanet.com.
Example of older version of Help, first release of Financials:
Upper left links to Support, Unanet Help, and Unanet commercial website.
Overview of Help
The Help is organized topically with a similar hierarchy to the KC.
- Send a link
- Export to PDF or Word
For multiple pages into one PDF
You may be interested in downloading one document made up of multiple KC pages. For example, exporting the AP Guide or AR guideGuide.
Detailed steps are here: Quick Topic - Exporting KC Pages to PDF
- Go to http://help.unanet.com/current/index.htm or to your instance of Unanet's help Help as in the example below.
- Search for the topic (such as "Admin import") in the upper right Search box of the Help.
- Right click on the page name in the left menu.
- Select "Copy link address".
Navigate: Help > Search.
Correct paste result: https://help.unanet.com/current/unanet_menu/admin/import/admin_import.htm
Send an email to Support@Unanet.com if you notice anything like the following in the KC:
- If you see typos – , or have suggested changes/additions.
- As you navigate the Help and KC, if you see opportunities to link the help Help and KC together (cross reference).
- We maintain the ‘index’ Index in the help – Help - that means we specifically add ‘keywords’ keywords to a list – , then link that keyword the keywords to specific pages. If you are struggling to find topics when entering certain keywords (that you believe are common) – - do pass those keywords along (along with and any topics you believe they should link to) and we can work them in.