Introduction: Project Administrators can be designated on each project.
Description: Once a project has been created and saved, the Project Administrator (left menu option) can be accessed to assign users to the various project maintenance roles.
Several types of project administrator roles exist. A few common examples include:
- Project Approver: Any time and/or expense charged to the project must be approved by this person (typically in addition to manager approvals); also has permission to reporting on the project.
- Project Lead: Has full edit only to tasks and to a handful of Project fields as well as reporting on the project.
- Project Manager: Has full edit to most project fields as well as reporting on the project.
- Resource Assigner: Has permission to assign people to this project.
- Resource Planner: Has permission to plan people to this project.
This table summarizes the abilities that come with some of these roles:
|Project Manager||Project Lead||Project Viewer||Project Approver|
|Update project status||–||–|
|Update project budgets||–||–||–|
|Update task budgets||–||–|
|View rates||*if Rate Manager|
Note that people with the appropriate roles may be granted access to projects either via Organization Access in their person profile, or in the Project Administrators area (screenshot below). If the person profile Organization Access is set to None, they still may have access to the project via Project Administrator access.
Navigate: Project > List > List > Administrators > Project Approver