Title: Planning with open charging
Brief description: While this is not for government contractors since it employs open charging/self assigning, this method allows for simple forecasting via plans. The plans are then compared against actuals.
What’s covered in this document:
- No Assignments are used; all projects allow Self-Assign and anyone can charge to anything. Not for govcons!
- Schedule Type "Plans" are used.
- People Plans contain hours and rates.
- Expense Plans capture Expense forecasts.
- Portfolio reports are run on Schedule Type "Plans," where plans are compared against actuals charged.
BENEFITS / IS THIS FOR ME?
- Ideal for Unanet users with entirely commercial projects (not for govcons!)
- Only Plans are used for forecasting.
- People easily self-assign to charge actuals.
Project Profile area:
Navigate: Project > List > List > Edit Pencil Icon.
Navigate: Reports > Saved > Edit Pencil Icon.