Can I change an Expense Type's Wizard after an expense has been charged to it?
Once you have charged expense actuals to an expense type, you can no longer change the associated wizard. Below are two of several available options. Please also review the KC - How do I correct, negate, or delete an expense? page for more detailed options.
If you’ve only charged a few items to a particular expense type (and have not yet locked or extracted those expense reports)
- Delete those line items.
- Delete that expense type.
- Start over.
- Deactivate the existing expense type.
- Change the expense type name to something like original_expense_type_name_OLD.
- Create a new expense type with the original name and the wizard you would like to use.
- Associate the new expense type with Employee Type groups and/or Project Level Expense Type listings (if you use those features).
- Educate your user community about the change.