For an overview of all scenario assumptions, visit this page: Purchasing - Initial Considerations.
Optional: Using Purchase Requisitions
- You would like to formally track who first initiated the request and who approves that request before it becomes a Purchase Order.
- Once it becomes a Purchase Order, you can proceed with either Scenario A or Scenario B.
- Note that if the Purchase Requisition functionality is not used in Unanet, it may also be handled via email between requestors and approvers.
- PURCHASE REQUESTOR would create and submit a Purchase Requisition.
- PURCHASING MANAGER approves Purchase Requisition.
- PURCHASER creates Purchase Order and specifies Purchase Requisition number.
- Continue with workflow for Scenario A or Scenario B starting with Purchase Manager approves Purchase Order.