How do I troubleshoot the import message "FATAL: Invalid column header found"?
This may be due to special hidden characters in the headers. You can try the following:
- When removing data from the Excel import file, did you clear or did you delete? If you clear, extra columns will exist and result in this error.
- Did you choose the correct import template in the Admin > Import screen?
- View the headers in Textpad or Notepad to be able to view any hidden characters.
- Note: If you do this and see many commas leading off to the right, then delete all extraneous columns, save and re-import. After saving, when you open with Notepad, the commas should be gone.
- If you are using all of the columns, then you don't need the headers and can delete them.
- You can "clear formatting" in the Excel file on the headers.