Title: Using TITO Feature in Unanet
You may have a desire to require some or all users to report time in detail, which can be accommodated by using Unanet TITO (time in time out). This document illustrates how to configure two types of TITO: (daily and project), how to set user and project TITO required settings in batches, and troubleshooting pertaining to the usage of TITO.
What’s covered in this document:
Time In/Out Introduction
Time in/out information can be recorded by users while updating their timesheets. For more information please refer to the following: Help Docs - Time In/Out (TITO).
Requiring Time In/Out
Attributes for users and projects can be defined to indicate whether time in/out information is required. The system can capture Daily Time In/Out entries, Project Time In/Out entries, or both.
Administrators and Project Managers have control over which users and projects require daily or project time in/out entries.
- User Time In/Out Entries - Administrators can set an attribute for each user which specifies whether time in/out entries are:
- Not Required
- Project Entry Required
- Daily Entry Required
To do so, go to People Profile > Time Tab > Time In/Out field (select radio button).
- Project Time In/Out Entries - Project Managers can set an attribute for each project which specifies whether time in/out entries are:
- Determined by User Setting
- Yes. Always Required
- No. Never Required
To do so, go to Project Profile > Time Tab > Time In/Out field (select from dropdown menu).
Batch Updates for TITO_Required
Batch updates for Users
- Run the Person export (Admin > Export > Import Templates > Person) to export the people for whom you would like to require either a daily or project TITO entry. Go to column AI in the
csvfile with the header
tito_required, and update the value to:
- “N" - Time In/Out entries are NOT REQUIRED for this user.
- "C" - Cell (or Project Level) Time In/Out entries are required for this user (unless a specific project is set to not require Time In/Out entries - as defined on the Project screen).
- "D" - Daily Time In/Out entries are required for this user (default value).
Re-import the file to update the Person profile.
Batch updates for Projects:
- Run Project export (Admin > Export > Import Templates > Project) to export the projects for which you would like to require either a daily or project TITO entry. Go to column AM in the
csvfile with the header
tito_requiredand update the value to:
- "N" - Time In/Out entries are NOT REQUIRED for this project.
- "Y" - Time In/Out entries are required for this project (despite the user level Time In/Out setting).
- "U" - Indicates that whether Time In/Out entries are required depends on the User Time In/Out setting defined on the Admin > Person screen.
Re-import the file to update the project profiles.
Usage of Time In/Out
Daily Time In/Out
Users can enter Daily Time In/Out information on their timesheets via a popup window that resembles the following screen shot.
This entry window is presented to the user when they double-click on the timesheet date column headings.
Project Level Time In / Out
The fields available for the Project Time In/Out entries are identical to those of the Daily entries described above. The popup dialog box is nearly identical as well, with the exception of the header information, which includes the Project, Task, Project Type and Pay Code when you are entering a Project level Time In/Out entry.
- You can have one or many rows indicating your time in and out entries.
- Add additional rows by clicking on the add row icon ().
- Distinct entries cannot have overlapping time ranges.
- Project TITO has one additional section at the top showing the Project/Task title compared to Daily TITO.
If both Daily TITO and Project TITO are used for a day, make sure that the Daily time in/out entry contains all the Project time in/out entries for the column. Otherwise an error message similar to the one below will display.