This topic describes the functionality of expense report attachments and how those attachments (expense receipts) can be included in the customer invoice.
Attachments can be uploaded and associated with the overall expense report as well as to an individual line item in the expense report.
Attachments can always be added regardless of the status of the expense report.
What’s covered in this document:
Expense Report - Overall Attachments
Attachments can be uploaded and associated with the overall expense report.
To add an overall attachment to an expense report:
- Click the edit pencil icon, then click Attach.
- Click Choose Files, navigate to the file(s) on your system, select, click Open.
Note: Expense Reports allow the upload of multiple files simultaneously.
- Click Save.
Once an attachment has been uploaded for the overall report, the paper clip icon is displayed for that expense report in the expense report list (Expense > List).
You can click either the paper clip icon or the magnifying glass icon to view the attachment files. Locate the Attachments section at the bottom of the screen. Expand the section if necessary to see the files.
All attachments are listed here. The LINE column will be blank for overall report attachments. The FILE NAME and CREATED date are also shown.
Expense Report - Line Item Attachments
Attachments can be uploaded and associated with an individual line item of the expense report.
To add a line-item attachment to an expense report:
- Click the edit pencil icon.
- Click the paper clip icon next to the line item.
- The SELECT TO ATTACH RECEIPTS TO LINE screen displays all the available attachments that are currently uploaded.
- Select the check box(es) for the attachment(s) to be associated with the current line item.
Note: Line items can have multiple attachments.
- Click Save.
From the Dashboard or List, if you click the paper clip icon or magnifying glass icon (view), you'll find that the ATTACHMENTS column contains a check mark signifying that an attachment is now associated with that line-item.
Locate the Attachments section at the bottom of the screen. Expand the section if necessary to see the files.
All attachments are listed here. The LINE column will contain a line number for attachments that are associated with line items. The FILE NAME and CREATED date are also shown.
Expense Report - Approver Views
An expense report may have multiple approvers. Each approver will have a different view of the expense report.
An approver at the MANAGER level can view the entire expense report.
An approver at the PROJECT or CUSTOMER level will see only those line items that are relevant to the project the approver is responsible for validating against. The list of attachments shows any overall-level attachments, and only those line-item attachments that are associated with the particular line items being approved.
Customer Invoice - Expense Report Attachments
When an invoice is generated and the edit pencil icon is selected to edit the draft invoice, select the Attachments option in the left menu. There are items contained here for Expense Receipts and Invoice.
- Upon selecting Expense Receipts, a listing of attachments is displayed. Each line item shows the associated EXPENSE REPORT number, the FILE NAME, the FILE SIZE, the associated PROJECT(s), and whether or not to EMAIL WITH INVOICE.
- Select the checkbox(es) in the EMAIL WITH INVOICE column that you want to have included as supporting information with the invoice. Clear the checkbox for any attachments that don't need to be included with the invoice.
This feature may also be used as a discovery tool in finding required missing attachments for an invoice. The user could then add the missing attachment without the invoice being deleted, or the expense report being voided and re-created.
Once added, use the Refresh expense receipts link in the upper right corner to refresh the list and ensure the added attachment is included.
When all required attachments have been uploaded, select Invoice (under Attachments) in the left menu.
- Select Preview Expense Reports to see the supporting information that has been pulled in to be included with the invoice. Details are presented as a modified version of the Expense Status Report.
Expense report information and the attached receipts are viewable here. Information is presented in images and/or PDF format.
- Save the expense receipt attachments - selecting the desired expense report receipts in the Expense Receipts screen is only a preview step.
- Click the icon in the upper right corner to download the file to your system. This will be a PDF containing your expense information.
- Under Invoice in the left menu, click Choose File and navigate to the downloaded expense PDF.
- Select the file, click Open to upload it as an attachment to the invoice. Click Save.
- Note: Only attachments that are displayed and checked in the Invoice menu will be included with the invoice.
There is also a link under Invoice to Preview Timesheets. Details are presented as a modified version of the Timesheet Status Report. This link functions exactly the same as Preview Expense Reports, though without attachments.
- You can review the timesheet information, download it as a PDF, and then upload the PDF as an attachment to your invoice. The result is a complete invoice package with PDF attachments containing detailed expense and timesheet information.
- Click Back to List and you'll see the Invoice displayed with the paper clip icon denoting attachments. The invoice can then be completed under List Invoices. On the Search tab, select the appropriate criteria, and choose E-mail all selected invoices, then select the List tab.
- When the list is displayed, select the check box for the invoice and click E-mail.
- An intermediate page is displayed showing the invoice being processed and its associated attachments. Click E-mail to complete the process. An email is generated with the invoice PDF and its attachments.