This document provides information regarding voiding a Vendor Invoice. In Unanet, the voiding process is initiated on the Vendor Invoice record. The voiding process will create a voiding document, which, when combined with the original document, will net to zero.
- Navigate to Financials > Accounts Payable > Vendor Invoices.
- On the Search tab, enter criteria to search for the Vendor Invoice you would like to void.
- Click the List tab to view the resulting Vendor Invoices.
- Locate the posted Vendor Invoice you would like to void and click the "paper X" icon.
- A popup window will display and allow editing of the following fields:
- Void Date: The date of the voiding document.
- Post Date: Must be greater than or equal to the Post Date of the Vendor Invoice.
- Description: This field is optional.
- Fiscal Period: Determined by the Post Date entered.
- Click Void.
- If using Purchasing, when the Vendor Invoice is Voided funds will be made available again on the Purchase Order.
- If there was matched labor/expense, then the void makes those transactions available to be rematched to another Vendor Invoice.
Available to users with the following Financials roles on their person profile: AP Poster.
Users also need access to the legal entity to which the Vendor Invoice applies.
Only posted Vendor Invoices can be voided.
Help Docs - Vendor Invoices (to void Vendor Invoices)