Title: Automating Schedule of Emailed Reports
This document illustrates how to send or "push" a report from the system in an automated fashion on a regular basis.
What’s covered in this document:
- Run the report of your choice, select “Save Criteria” and select which Dashboard you would like the report pushed out to (see screenshot below)
- Share the report out to other users if desired, by selecting “Share Report Criteria” (Figure 2 below)
- The Report is now visible under the Dashboard where it has been saved. Run the report and copy the URL
- Navigate to Admin > Setup >Email Reminders and select the option to add an Email Reminder. Select “Broadcast” as the Email Reminder Type (shown below)
- Complete the Email Reminder by adding a Name, Subject, Description, and Message. In the Message field, enter the URL of your report (shown below)
- Navigate to Admin > Reminders and select the Email Reminder created in Step 5. Click the “Schedule tab” and select the starting dates and frequency. (Note: The system-wide e-mail notification must be enabled under Admin > Properties.)
Save the Schedule – Selecting Preview will show a list of users that the Broadcast will be sent to. The users can then be selected/deselected as recipients for the Broadcast.
(Optional) Navigate to Admin > Schedule and review the details of your scheduled Broadcast:
The user will receive an email from the system with the URL to the report in the message field. The system will not generate the report in a specific file format, or attach to the email. The user will simply be presented the link to the report, and display the data when selected. If not already logged in, the user will be taken to the login screen to enter their credentials.