Title: Mobile Enabled Expense Reporting
This topic tells you how you can use your Smartphone or Tablet to enter and submit expense reports, photograph and attach receipts, and approve/disapprove employee expense reports in your queue. The examples below use an iPhone for the screenshots. Other model devices will follow similar procedures.
What’s covered in this document:
Navigate to the Unanet login page and enter your credentials. To work with expense reports, select Expense > List at the top of the screen to begin.
Attaching the Expense Receipt(s) Photo to your Expense Report
- Navigate to the Expense Report (Expense > List) to which you wish to attach your expense receipt(s), or create a new Expense Report if needed (Expense > List > +Expense link).
- Click the edit pencil icon for the expense report you wish to open. On the details page of the Expense Report, click Attach.
On the resulting page click Choose File. You may get a browser notification to allow pictures and record video. Select Allow and you will be given an action option to Take Photo or Video. This option may be different for various smartphones and tablets.
- If you wish to take a photo of your expense receipt(s) now, select Take Photo or Video. You will be taken to your device's camera where you will be able to take a photo of your receipt(s). The resulting photo is automatically attached to the Expense Report.
Note: In order to attach a photograph of your receipt(s) directly to your expense report, you must be logged into Unanet on your device using an Internet browser.
- If you have previously taken a photo of your expense receipt, select Photo Library or Browse and attach the desired photo receipt.
- To ensure the quality of your photo, click on the paperclip icon to view the attachment. When you have completed uploading your receipts, click Save.
- Note: If you are using a smartphone, you may want to take a separate photograph for each receipt. Depending on the device you are using, you may combine several receipts into one photograph. In either case, always check the resulting photo(s) to ensure the quality and readability of the receipt(s).
Note on regular Laptop expense entry
In the event that you want to upload attachments on your regular laptop, you can take a picture of the receipt(s) with your smartphone and email that picture to yourself. Then save locally on your computer, and browse/attach to your Unanet expense voucher.
The approval queue is accessible from the Unanet Home page.
- Click the Unanet logo in the upper left corner and locate the Approvals section. Expand the levels as appropriate using the blue arrows.
- Click the magnifying glass icon for the expense report to be approved to view its details.
Help Docs - Attachments
Mobile Unanet App as Icon on Smartphone Home Screen